Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gearing up (entry #2)

So far things are going great for my upcoming Relay for Life walkabout.  I'm going to be one of my own sponsors and kick in 2L$ per region that I visit on walkabout to bring the pledges up to 29L$ per region to date, (See post one for the other sponsors so far).  I'd like to get a total of at least 50L$ per region before I start the walkabout and I hope to traverse at least 2,000 regions so 100,000 L$ would get donated.  Of course, the more sponsors the better.  Btw, if you're considering a sponsorship, don't feel that you can't cap the total of your donation if necessary ... every bit helps.

While Primalcore is working on my walkabout route, I've been going through my equipment to see what I have that will be suitable for the journey. I plan to take a series of short walkabouts to get into shape and test out the gear as it's been a while since I've done any serious camping/hiking.

The hat (which I dyed) and the equipment belt come from my time working as a Ranger at last year's SL Burning Life event.  The belt has a lot of neat stuff on it: a couple of water bottles, tube of sunscreen, first aid kit, compass, satelitte telephone/radio, etc.

The backpack is from Camp Second Life.  It's a bit small I think but we'll see.  The bedroll and frying pan I took off of my Hobo Bicycle. I still have some more gear to go through yet ... gotta find things like a flashlight, small tent, cook stove, lantern and the like.

I also plan to take a digital camera and small netbook with me so I can post blog entries, pics and videos via the sat-phone to the outer-web and keep everyone updated on my progress and status as well as detail on the places I visit.  We'll have a website up soon with links to the Flickr and this blog site plus there will be a big map showing my progress across the grid as well as the amount raised to that point.

If you would like to become a walkabout sponsor, give me a hollar inworld.  If you would like more information on our Relay for Life team, Lanterns for Life, contact Aree Lulibub inword.

Update!

My first Super Sponsor and at 20L$ per.  Thanks so very much Sean Petit!  Per region donations now up to 49L$.

The Race is on, thanks to Sean's move, Jeff has upgraded to Super as well and is now gonna pledge a total of 11L$ per region!  Thanks Jeff.  Donations are now 55 L$ per region, I guess I have to set a new sponsor goal.

MenuBar Memorial of Watermoon Breeze donated a small campfire and a small gas lantern to the cause.  Thanks MenuBar!

Thursday Update!

Got another Super Sponsor.  Ariel Miranda is pledging 12 L$ per region.  Thanks Ariel.  We're up to 67L$ per now.

No comments: