Monday, May 4, 2009

An Adventure (entry #1)

I've decided to try to raise money for RFLofSL by walking across the main land in Second Life.  Hopefully I'll be able to get some sponsors to each donate L$ per region for each region I traverse.  If I get enough sponsors, it could add up to some real L$ for the American Cancer Society.

Here's my idea for sponsorships:

Cool Sponsor: 1-10 L$ per region crossed.

Super Sponsor: 11-20 L$ per region.

Mega Sponsor: 21-30 L$ per region.

Ultimate Sponsor: 31+ L$ per region.

I figure I can blog on the journey, post some pics, keep sponsors and followers updated that way. If you'd like to sponsor me or just pay to have me "take a hike", contact me in-world and let me know what type sponsorship you've got the pockets for.

UPDATE!

I have a Trek Coordinator now who's helping me plot my journey and is handling logistics for me.  Thanks Primalcore Magneto!

And

I have my first Cool Sponsor, say thank you to Jeff Beckenbauer and his 5L$ per region donation!

My second Cool Sponsor is Kanara Quonset @ 7L$ per.  Thank you to her.

The third Cool Sponsor is Primalcore Magneto @ 10L$ per.  Thank you PcM.

The fourth Cool Sponsor is KallfuNahuel Matador @ 5L$ per.  Thanks.

Additionally, a donor who wishes to remain anonymous will be covering the cost of any inworld equipment and upload/download expenses.  Super thanks.

No comments: