Monday, May 18, 2009

3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

A couple things happened last night that bode well for the walkabout. First, Twisted Laws pledged 5L$ per region and said there may be more. Thanks Twist! That's brings the per region cumulative total up to 86L$. Second, Primalcore Magneto delivered the plot for the first leg of my cross-continent walkabout. Yea!

This morning (Monday), I got up, got together the gear I was going to backpack and headed to the airport. I was nervous, anxious, and excited but ready to get this thing underway 'cause I have to get it all done before the end of July when Relay for Life ends. Naturally, I went to the wrong airport, but Aree found the right one, sent me a teleport and got me there. I chartered a Cessna 172, gave the pilot the coordinates for the start region, tossed my gear and parachute in and left my stomach and cares behind as we soar off into the blue. Finally I was underway.

12:10PM SLT, I was pushed out of the plane and parachuted into Pounce.

There's a Walkabout website now where you can find this blog as well as tracking maps, photos of my adventures and eventually podcasts and vidoes from during the trek. I'll update it later on my first day's journey.

No comments: