Sunday, May 10, 2009

Almost Ready

No new pledges since the last post but I'm sure more will come in. Primalcore told me this evening that he's got most of the first leg of the walkabout plotted and will be sending it to me soon. Wow, then I can set a date to start the trek.

Got all my gear in order now, added a few more things to the backpack. Added on a spare canteen, lantern and a large utility knife.  As the pack is kinda small and I cannot carry but so much supplies with me, the support crew is going to pre-position some supplies at various locations on different regions for me.  That's going to be very helpful as some of the sponsors plan to occassionally walk a bit of my walkabout with me ... can't let them go hungry, lol.

I tested out the netbook link to the interweb via the satellite phone/radio.  It works well so I'll be able to upload reports, blog, podcast or whatever while I'm on the trek.  Still figuring out a website details to stick it all on though ... wouldn't work well here on the blog.  I'll post information on that soon so you all can follow along on this adventure, if only vicariously.

BTW, the Lanterns for Life "store" is open now at L4 on Beta Quadrant, proceeds from the item sales go to RFL of course.  Check it out when you get the chance or donate an original item.  The store will be open through July and end when RFLofSL does for this year.

Well, that's about it for this post.  Who knows, when next you hear from me I may be on the road.  If you see me out there, throw up your hand and say, "Go Relay."

Update!  Cathy Gray has pledged 2L$ per region bringing the total to 69L$ per.  Thank you Cathy.

Update! (Wednesday)  Katar Supercharge has pledged 5L$ per region to bring the total to 74L$ per.  Thank you Katar.

1 comment:

Fearkiller Dorchester said...

I have to tell you Pierce, things like this are the reason that I want to join the Core. Not to make the Virtual World safe from griefers but also to leave both Real and Virtual worlds just a little better than the way we came into it.

BTW, how exactly do we pledge? Do we contact you inworld?